This is a guide on how to stream a podcast. You will something like Skype to connect and talk to the other people on the Podcast. This will show you how to make your computer broadcast all audio being played or heard on your computer (Skype, iTunes, your mic..) and setup Mixlr.
1) Sign Up With http://mixlr.com
- You can use your Twitter or use your email address.
2) Download Mixlr Software
3) Install & Run Mixlr
4) Sign In & Click Setup Broadcast
5) Right Click on the Speaker in your Taskbar & Click Recording Devices
6) Right Click Anywhere in the Box and Make Sure Show Disabled Devices IS Checked
7) Right Click on Stereo Mix and Click Enable
8) Now Go Back to the Sound Screen and Right Click on your Microphone and Select Properties
9) Click the Listen Tab and make sure the Listen to this Device Box is Checked
10) Now Go Back to the Mixlr Setup Screen and Click the Red "Change" Text
11) Click the top Drop Down Box and Select the Stereo Mix Option
12) Save Settings and Click Broadcast Now.
Your Now Streaming Live to the Web Address Provided in the Box. Click the Link to Copy it.
You can also easily record your podcast with a program like Audition or the free program Audacity. The computer is already setup to record the output from your speakers & your microphone so it will record the entire podcast and be ready for editing.
I'd recommend testing everything out prior to going live.